Change up your chicken dish this month by adding some Asian flavor.
- 2 T. sesame seed or peanut oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried ginger or 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- About 40 fresh whole green beans, ends trimmed (you can also use broccolini)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Fresh romaine lettuce leafs
- Mayonnaise sauce – 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixed with 1/2 T. soy sauce
- Optional: fresh chopped chives, green onions, chile flakes, lemon rind, hot chili oil
In a small bowl, combine sesame seed oil, soy sauce, ginger and 2 minced garlic cloves. In a large hot skillet, add half the soy sauce mixture into the pan and spread it around. Add the chopped chicken and cook for about 4 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked. Add more soy sauce mix if needed for moisture.
While chicken is cooking, heat water in a saucepan and using a steamer basket, cook the green beans until al dente (slightly crunchy), or more if desired. You can also microwave the green beans for a quick cook. Remove cooked chicken from pan and add the green beans, remaining garlic and slivered almonds. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
Serve hot. Add some romaine lettuce with a dollop of the mayonnaise sauce. Sprinkle entire dish with chopped chives.
Nutritional Analysis: Makes four servings. Each serving contains approximately 38 grams of protein, 2 grams of net carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 19 grams of fat, and 340 calories
Download at Asian Chicken Garlic Green BeansLeave a reply →