Do you miss homemade pancakes? You don’t have to anymore. Serve these delicious Berry Good Pancakes to a crowd or make a batch and reheat for a quick 30 gram protein meal. Using Lydia’s Berry Good Cereal gives this dish a tasty flavor while keeping the carbohydrate count low and the meal balanced and rich in nutrients.
- 3/4 cup Lydia’s Organic Berry Good Cereal
- 1 cup + 2 T. fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 1/2 T. dried egg whites (in baking section of grocery stores)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup liquid egg whites (or 6 fresh egg whites)
Put the first six ingredients together in a prep bowl and mix thoroughly until well blended. Set aside and let the cereal batter soften, about 15 minutes. Once the batter is softened, place the egg whites in another mixing bowl and whip them until light and frothy, a couple minutes. Fold the egg whites into the batter and mix until the egg is completely blended and the batter thickens a bit.
Using a non-stick griddle on low medium heat, brush a little canola oil on the surface (or use a non-stick vegetable oil spray). Measure and pour a heaping 1/4 cup of the batter on the griddle. Cook for 5-7 minutes on one side. Checking with a spatula for firmness, flip the pancakes and cook another 3-4 minutes until they are fluffy but firm to the touch. After pancakes are cooked, place them on a serving platter or if you are having just one serving, place three on a plate. Spread a little butter on each one, about a 1/4 tsp. each and serve.
- Sprinkle a little powdered sugar or non-nutritive sweetener over the pancakes, about 1 tsp.
- Use sugar free pancake syrup, about 1 tsp. per pancake.
- Make the batter the night before and cook up in the morning.
- Omit the powdered egg white and serve a slice or two of Canadian bacon to replace the protein loss (6 grams) or more if needed.
Nutritional Analysis: 3 pancakes are a nutritionally-balanced healthy meal containing approximately 30 grams of protein, 7 grams of net carbohydrate (3.5 grams of fiber), 10 grams of fat and 225 net calories.
Download at Berry Good PancakesLeave a reply →