Simple Dish – Simply Delish!
I love a nice warm breakfast on the weekends that tastes great and provides me with the right amount of protein to keep my muscles burning fat throughout the day. Great for dinner, too. Make the pancakes in advance, keep refrigerated and create a quick breakfast during the week, too.
created by Paula Hendricks, Nutritionist-C
• One protein packet Natural Pancake Mix
• 2 slices Canadian bacon or other meat of your choice to equal to 10 grams of protein
• 1 whole egg
• ½ T. butter
• Dash each salt and pepper
• 1 T. freshly grated Cheddar or Parmesan cheese
Instructions: Have all the ingredients prepared and ready before you start cooking.
1. Mix the pancake mix according to the box instructions. In a small frying pan, spray pan with a non-stick oil, heat and cook the pancake, about 2 minutes on each side. Place pancake on plate and top with 1 tsp. of butter.
2. In another sauté pan, add the Canadian or other meat and grill to warm, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and place on top of pancake. In same pan, add remaining butter and cook the egg sunny-side up. Place egg on top of the meat.
3. Sprinkle top of egg with salt, pepper and cheese. Serve warm.
Variations: Add a cup of sautéed spinach or a freshly sliced tomato to the pancake stack.
Nutritional Value: Each serving contains approximately 260 calories, 34 grams of protein, 12 grams of fat and 7 grams of net carbohydrates.