Breakfast should never be skipped. This spicy low-carb egg burrito is a great alternative to the minimally nutritious breakfasts most Americans eat, especially our kids (cereals, donuts, coffee drinks, juice/toast, etc.). The Spicy Egg Burrito contains approximately 30 grams of proteins, 14 grams of usable carbs, and 14.5 grams of fiber. It is a simple to shop for, easy to make, tasty breakfast that meets your nutritional requirements recipe. Not for the VLCD.
- 1 tortilla, Mission Carb Balance brand, soft taco size
- 2 whole eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 slices Canadian style Bacon, chopped
- 1 ounce reduced fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Fresh salsa, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapenos, an avocado slice, dollop of light sour cream – all optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix chopped bacon with egg mixture.
- In a heated non-stick pan, add egg/ham mixture and lightly scramble until cooked, 2-3 minutes. Don’t overcook. Turn off heat under pan and let eggs rest.
- In microwave, heat tortilla on a plate for 10-15 seconds. Remove.
- Layer cooked egg mixture, cheese, avocado and salsa on the warmed tortilla.
- Sprinkle green onions, chopped cilantro and sliced jalapenos as desired.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Download at Spicy Egg BurritoLeave a reply →