This Stuffed Portobello Mushroom dish has an elegant presentation, tastes delicious, and is portion controlled. What more could you want in a healthy meal? Enjoy with a side salad on the LCD and MD Key Diets.
Ingredients you will need:
- One pound lean ground beef, preferably 4% fat content
- Four Portobello mushrooms, 5-6 inches in diameter
- Kraft 2% shredded Italian Three cheese, 1/4 cup
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup, divided into 2 bowls of 1/4 cup each
- Bob’s Red Mill 5 grain rolled hot cereal, 1/2 cup
- One egg white, slightly whipped
- Pitted Greek olives, diced, 10
- Fire roasted red peppers, diced, 1/2 cup
- Finely diced yellow onion, 1/2 cup
- Minced garlic cloves, 3
- Diced fresh basil, 1/4 cup
- Olive oil, 1 T.
- Nonfat milk, 2 T.
- Dried Italian seasoning, 1 tsp.
- Salt and pepper, 1/2 to 1 tsp. each
Instructions to prepare:
- Wash portobella mushrooms; pat dry with a paper towel. Cut off stems and hollow out with a spoon. Dry upside down on a paper towel.
- In a separate bowl, mix rolled hot cereal with 2 T. non-fat milk to soften. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 T. olive oil and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add ground beef, garlic, salt and pepper; cook until just brown on the outside and pink inside, about 4 minutes. Turn off heat under skillet and let the meat rest in pan.
- Add the olives, red peppers, basil, 1/2 T. olive oil and Italian seasoning to the rolled hot cereal. Mix into the beef.
- Add the whipped egg and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese to the beef. Mix thoroughly.
- On an oven-safe baking tray, spray it with some olive oil flavored non-stick spray and place each portobella mushroom on the tray.
- Spoon the beef mixture evenly into all four mushroom caps.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and top each with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a side green salad.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Approximately 330 calories, 34 grams of protein, 15 grams of carbohydrates and 15 grams of fat.
Download at Stuffed Portabella MushroomsLeave a reply →