I am a summer vegetable soup lover and this is the perfect fix for my savory soup-craving summer days. Besides, who doesn’t have a plethora of zucchini growing in the garden that needs to be made into something other than zucchini bread. Enjoy this soup warm or cool.
- 2 large onions, diced (about 3 cups)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 6 rainbow carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 6 or more large zucchini, diced (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (marjoram, thyme, parsley, oregano, etc.) or 2 T. dried Herbs de Provence
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Chicken stock, fresh or canned (2-4 cups)
- Fresh lemon juice and zest
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Toppings: fresh cream, herbs, Parmesan cheese, truffle salt
- In a large skillet, add 2 T. olive oil and onions. Saute for five minutes until onions are translucent. Add the garlic, fresh herbs, mushroom, and carrots. Saute for a few more minutes, stirring often, then add a cup or two of chicken broth and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until vegetables are soft. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, add 2 T. olive oil and the zucchini. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, fresh lemon zest and 2 T. lemon juice and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add a cup or more of chicken broth and continue to cook on low heat for another 3-4 minutes until zucchini is soft but not mushy.
- Add zucchini to the onion mixture and puree in a blender in batches. Add more chicken broth if needed to reduce thickness. Sprinkle with a topping of your choice. Enjoy.
Download at Summer Veggie SoupLeave a reply →