For those of you fortunate enough to have fresh summer squash growing in your backyard this summer, or can visit a farmer’s market, you will love this recipe. A friend made this for us, and I knew this would be a recipe to share with patients. The medley makes a great dish alongside a lean protein serving, for a picnic, or poolside party. This dish can be enjoyed on any of the Key Diets (count as a fat serving in addition to your vegetable carbohydrates).
- 1/2 cup black or Greek olives, diced
- 1/2 cup green olives, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup zucchini, unpeeled and diced
- 1 cup yellow squash, unpeeled and diced
- 2 T. each chopped parsley and chives
- 2 T. lemon juice or more
- 1 T. lemon peel or more
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. Napa Valley Meritage Herb rub (or other seasoning of your choice)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- For the dressing, mix together lemon juice, lemon peel, olive oil and seasoning. Set aside.
- In a serving bowl, combine the vegetable ingredients together.
- Add the dressing and toss.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. This dish will keep for about a week.
Variations: For a quick, individual meal, add one 4.5 oz chicken breast, diced, with one cup of the vegetable medley. Add halved cherry tomatoes to the dish.
Nutritional Value: Each one-cup serving contains approximately 100 calories, 1 gram of protein, 9 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbohydrates, and 2 grams of fiber.
Download at Vegetable MedleyLeave a reply →