I just love the winter flavors of fresh, crisp apples, walnuts and endive mixed with some delicious Gorgonzola cheese. Toss this salad with some greens for a holiday salad or add some turkey from Thanksgiving for a scrumptious lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
- For the dressing: 1 T. olive oil, 1 T. white balsamic vinegar and ½ teaspoon Napa Valley Meritage seasoning.
- 3 heads of Endive lettuce (best price at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 small red apple, diced with skin left on
- 5 walnut halves, chopped, about a half an ounce
- ¼ cup gorgonzola or bleu cheese crumbles
- 2 cups of lettuce (Arugula, Romaine, or Butter leaf)
- * Optional 9 ounces shredded or cubed cooked turkey or other protein
Mix the salad dressing with all the ingredients together except for the greens. Toss some salt and pepper in to taste. Let the flavors mingle for about 5 minutes; then add the greens. It’s that simple! You are ready to enjoy a delicious autumn flavored lunch or dinner.
Each salad serving contains approximately 35 grams of protein, 7 grams of net carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 23 grams of fat, and about 375 calories. (4 fat servings in this dish)
Paula Hendricks, Nutritionist-C, copyright hfhrecipe11/12
Leave a reply →